If you keep up with the site or follow me on social networks, chances are you may have heard about the “Exclusive Ebook” that’s been available this off-season. I’ve been relentlessly promoting it and letting people know exactly what it entails and how my new webcomic format works … but now I need your feedback! I wasn’t sure what to expect in terms of sales and success with this format as it ISN’T the normal “always free online, but please buy a book” webcomic business model. Lets just say I’m wondering what YOU think.. and will base future decisions on this info. Heck, with fundraising/subscription platforms like Patreon catching steam, I may choose to go that direction.
First, if you need a briefer…
To break it down, my new business model for the last year has been this:
- 4 months per season, followed by 2 months “off-season” break.
- New comics are posted 1x a week on Mondays, HOWEVER, I actually create DOUBLE that amount each season.
- Those extra comics (plus the ones posted online) are collected into an “exclusive ebook” and offered for a low price ONLY during the following off-season.
- Once the next season starts, the exclusive ebook goes into the “space vault” forever. Yeah, like Disney DVDs.
- The exclusive comics will never be posted online… but they WILL appear in the printed volumes and subsequent ebooks once finished.
- It’s a way to still offer free content, but entice readers to chip in a LITTLE BIT to read twice the comics… before the print volumes come out.
- Oh, you wanna BUY it? You have until March 3rd! Head to the STORE!
Take the Exclusive Ebook Poll!
I appreciate your support and feedback! And remember…..
The NEW SEASON of Zorphbert & Fred Starts MONDAY! (March 3rd!)
Related Posts ¬
|Jan 3, 2014||Fanart Challenge WINNER, and the Release of the Exclusive Ebook!|
|Jan 31, 2014||Exclusive E-Book NOW on SALE!|
|Aug 23, 2013||Plushes, anyone?|
|Dec 13, 2013||VOTE for this season’s Fanart Challenge WINNER!|
|Aug 30, 2013||Baltimore Comic Con 2013|